Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Posts Tagged ‘before photos’

After we ripped up the existing vinyl flooring and sanded the plywood, we covered the floors and prepped all wall and ceiling surfaces for painting. Since much of the interior is plastic, we had to use an oil-based primer. I searched for a no voc oil-based primer, but couldn’t find one. We did find a natural white no-voc latex paint to use to freshen up the walls.

The bathroom was by far the scariest room in the airstream. It was dirty, dingy and all the plastic was discolored. And, the walnut laminate bathroom wall skirting was being covered up by black and white vinyl tiles….ew!

Here are some photos from the paint prepping and bathroom vinyl skirt removal.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Advertisements

Read Full Post »

We knew the gross vinyl flooring needed to be removed, so that was our first project. We had to pull a lot of staples and nails from the plywood subfloor, but we found the plywood to be in really great shape overall. We sanded the plywood to remove the sticky mastic that was left behind. There are a couple small areas we are going to patch, prior to installing new wood laminate floors. We hope to start working on the new floors in a couple of days.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Read Full Post »

« Newer Posts